Friday, July 11, 2008

Check my pulse, I think I'm dead

72 miles today, hauling the best I could on the W&OD. Unfortunately, I did get a little sunburned in the few spots I could not reach with sunscreen but what a ride. My longest to date. Granted, compared to my usual rides this is fairly flat so I used it as an opportunity to get my speed on (in between the 6,000 stop signs). There was plenty of traffic including a few who I thought would hang with me but dropped.

Of course, the purpose of the whole trip was to get to my bike shop to fix my race wheels. Plum Grove is out in Leesburg so this is not small task but they are so close to the trail, I could not resist. Tom disassembled my wheel completely and rebuilt it. No more chitty-chitty-bang-bang noise. Now I hope to sneak up on folks in stealth mode on race day instead of announcing my pass.

Tomorrow, an hour run.