Saturday, July 05, 2008

Sluggish run

I knew I should not have gone out. When my garmin did not work and I had to borrow JB's I should have taken that as a sign. The plantar fascitis is back with a vengeance so that is not comfortable when I run. So frustrating. No 7:49 mile today, I averaged 8:28 per mile with a 6:27 max. It wasn't my legs so much as my head and some stitches in my side.

At the end of my run I decided to walk up this big hill near the house to save the pounding on my foot. My neighbor passed me half-way up. When I reached the top she was 3 blocks ahead of me which I thought was out of reach one mile away from home. She was like a little carrot in front of me. I noticed on the hills that she slowed down so I sped up and cut into the gap between us. By the time we got to our street we were dead even. Now, I know she probably thinks I'm a freak but I enjoyed the challenge and having something else to think about.

Tomorrow, a day of rest....probably.