Tuesday, July 08, 2008

You know you've had a good workout when...

you have to stop to yak in your neighbors yard. Mercifully, I regained my composure and its a neighbor down the street and around the corner. Not sure what prompted me to get so nauseous at the end of my run today, it was not even hot.

Up at 4:30 for brick Tuesday. Worked the core trying to get a Dara Torres 6-pack. On to the bike for an hour with some one legged drills and pushing cadence. I was right on my targeted zones which is nice. Out on the run my plan called for zone 3 and zone 4 work today. I hit those targets too but I really had to work the mental angle. It's a good thing the run was only 30 minutes, I cannot remember the Ironman brick workouts where I was on the bike for 90 minutes and then would run for 45-60 minutes after....all before work. That is a distant memory.

Tomorrow, I am just not sure. I may swim but I may also ride and follow that up with my hill repeats. I need to do my long ride on Friday this week due to company over the weekend. I don't want to toast my legs on Thursday and then follow that up with a long ride Friday--that about killed me last week.