Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Burn baby, burn

I opted for the bike today. Up at 4:40 AM, working the core then I hopped on the trainer for 15 minutes waiting for some daylight. A bit overcast today so I had to wait longer than usual to ensure I could be seen outside. On the trainer, I did a 5 minute warm-up then some one legged drills.

With my heart rate warmed up I headed out the door for some hill repeats. I managed 8 trips up the big hill and two up the double hill by my house in just under 45 minutes. On my 7th trip up the big hill one guy who was coming down yelled, "You're almost there". Yeah, dude, for the 7th time. On another trip I got to pass a guy toward the top of the climb. As I chikked him, he shouts, "Great hill, huh". Great burn today. Each week I am aiming to get more runs in to work on my king of the hill skills.

Tomorrow, to the pool. I may go join my old masters team or I may just head over to the city pool. I'll see what motivates me in the AM.