Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Rush hour

Up at 4:50 AM today. I slept like a rock, loved it. Abs and pushups then off to the pool.

I think many folks must be planning July 4th getaways because the pool was packed today. I was sandwiched between two big wave-makers which is fine for simulating race conditions but a couple of times no matter what side I rotated to there was no room to breathe. A long grouping today of 400's on 30 seconds rest. Normally I would dread it but it really did make the time fly. I noticed that as I get tired I start to make air flip turns--in other words, I flip too early and when I extend my legs my toes barely touch the wall. I hate that.

Tomorrow, I think I will spin on the bike for a bit then ride into work. It would be nice to get an early departure from work in advance of the 4th but I'll reserve any celebrating until I get the official word.