Tuesday, July 01, 2008

What a killa

Up at 4:30 AM today, a reminder of the early Ironman days. Abs and pushups then on the bike for an hour. A tease of one leggers then some long zone 3 at 70 RPM (that took some effort) and a mix of 90.

Perfect running weather after late night thunderstorms. I think it was around 65 degrees when I left for my 30 minute run. I told my coach I wanted to work on my speed a bit so today was a mixed bag mostly zone 3 and 4 with a one minute zone 2 that I could never achieve. I still cannot bring my heart rate down, especially for only a minute. I think I might have to walk to do that and that sort of defeats the purpose. The run about killed me but as I read in an advertisement recently if it doesn't hurt you are just jogging.

Tomorrow, back in the pool and late night PT.