Monday, June 23, 2008

Slippery fins

Up at 4:45 AM today. I think all of these power outages that we have endured have messed with my alarm clock.

Abs and pushups then off to the pool. My plan had not arrived today so I made up my pool routine. 500 warmup, 4 x 75 drill then 500, 400, 300, 200, 200 and 100. Not very original but I got in my 2500 meters. More than anything, this is why I need a coach. I tried some new fins today from Zura. They are made of Croc material and are a bit slippery but then again I guess you are not supposed to be standing in them. They definitely are more like your foot. While they help some with kicking weakness they also let you know your problem areas. It's been a while since I've sucked down pool water on my one-arm swim drills.

Tomorrow, brick Tuesday. The bike and run.