Sunday, June 22, 2008

Could it be a fluke?

I had an hour run today. Again, my new mindset is to just hit the gas and let other parts of my body hurt besides my piriformis. I like to contrast my pain.

I was moving pretty well but forceably both mentally and physically. Generally I am not out of breath but I was definitely huffing. I knew my time would be an improvement over the usual 9:40 per mile of late but I was completely shocked when I looked at my Garmin. Reportedly I ran 8.5 miles in an hour at a 7:16 pace. Yes, 7:16. Even I cannot believe it which is why until I repeat it, my money is on a data error. Still, if that proves true, I was moving and I am pleased. There was no joy in it whatsoever....well, until I stopped, recovered and read my watch. Please let this be true.

Tomorrow, in the pool with my new, cool, disney-looking fins.