Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A beautiful brick

Up at 4:45 AM today. Abs and pushups then on the bike.

I have new pedals now which I am trying to get accustomed to. I went with the speedplay hoping the float helps my piriformis issues. I like them but am still working on entry. What better way to work on entry then to do some one legged drills. No doubt I will return to the one legged drills later in the week before taking the inaugural outdoor spin with the new pedal platform.

After an hour on the bike, I headed out for a 30 minute run. 5 x 3 minutes at zone 3, 2 minutes zone 2. I am just pushing pace and working on rotating my right leg completely through. It hurts still but it is also a tiny bit better. I missed my ultrasound yesterday because of a power outage but I look forward to my continued treatments this week to see whether I might be able to turn the corner.

Tomorrow, back in the pool.