Monday, September 17, 2007

Today"s Workout: Oh no

The best laid plans.......sigh. The bike is still not packed but I think I have mainly gathered my gear and potions. I was lending a hand to my nephew and his family yesterday which reminded me a lot of my Dad. Anyhow, before I knew it the day was over and my bike was still sitting there whole. I'm traveling today so the earliest I will get to it may be tomorrow evening--a little closer to departure then I like. While it usually--emphasis added--only takes a half hour to breakdown my bike I like to be very slow and methodical in this process. You don't want to get on the other end of your trip and realize that you have no pedals.

I'm also getting a cold. I thought I had fought it off with Zicam but the signs they are a plenty. Last time I went to NYC for work with this same colleague I was very sick--it seems the fate is destined to repeat itself although my symptoms thus far are not as awful as the last trip. Lots of Zicam, lots of Emergen-C today in the hopes that this will not interfere with my race on Sunday.
A day of rest today followed by a swim tomorrow.