Saturday, September 15, 2007

Today's Workout: No one likes the taper

The plan called for a 75 minute bike ride and a 20 minute run. I tried to stick to it but ended up riding for 110 minutes or so. I hate to taper. Well, let me rephrase that--I loved tapering off the Ironman training, the half-Ironman training is not quite so demanding so I feel like I don't need to taper.

It is exceedingly windy today and I have my race wheels on. I cannot imagine riding disk wheels, my zipps were catching the wind like crazy. I finally figured out that increased speed meant the wheels caught less wind but that's kind of frightening--go faster and still chance a spill vs go slow and increase your chances of spilling. Anyhow, if there is a wind in Cancun I will be ready but I won't necessarily welcome it.

My foot is still bugging me on the run. I'll just hope for the best. The time for miracles and the healing powers of western and eastern medicine are behind us.

Tomorrow, an hour run......yep, the taper continues. Off to my pre-race deep tissue massage.