Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Today's Workout: Back in the slow lane

Up at 4:30 AM today, Abs then off to the pool.

A short workout in a taper week, only 45 minutes on tap. Short and easy are not always synonymous. The toughest set today was a 4 x 200--sets 1-2 were 100 fast, 100 easy, sets 3-4 were 50 fast, 50 easy. I hate fast because...well, I'm not fast. When I see fast on my plan I know I'm going to be sucking air and it is going to hurt.

I jumped on the scale while I was at the gym today. I'm 3-5 pounds heavier than I like to compete at. We all have a comfort weight, I have a comfort competing weight but given the amount of food I have been eating since the Ironman no surprise that I'm tipping a little above. Oh well, maybe I will be more buoyant in the water.

Tomorrow, a little bike and run.