Saturday, September 08, 2007

Today's Workout: Trifecta Saturday

Up at 5:45 AM today and out the door for a 90 minute ride. I chose a hilly but quiet course that also has a fair amount of flats. The race wheels were definitely moving. I'm glad I have them on. They are a bit narrower than my other wheels so the balance is slightly different plus I keep them inflated higher than my other wheels so they react more abruptly to debris.

After the bike I ran for a hilly 30 minutes. That is a tough run. The first 5 minutes were quite painful for my foot and sciatic nerve but eventually things settled down. A pretty solid run but nothing close to my cruising speed.

Back to the local high school for my swim. Not sure what was worse, swimming in a strange pool or completing a set of 1,500 meters. That distance in a pool is utterly boring, give me some open water and I could be out there all day.

Tomorrow, my long run of the week but its only 60 minutes. To me that is rather brief and sure beats last week's long run of two hours.