Sunday, September 16, 2007

Today's Workout: Run like the wind

If ever there was a more perfect running day I cannot recall it. A beautiful sunny 62 degree morning. My feet were light and knees high (despite my excruciating plantar fascitis). I caught my reflection in the local Cadillac dealership window, excellent form, fast legs.

I ran in my old neighborhood today, something I occasionally like to do on Sunday's. There are a lot of restaurants and shops so there tends to be a lot of folks out and about. A guy who was jogging came out from my old street about 50 yards in front of me. I caught him fairly quickly and for the next mile I could hear him trying to retake me. It was fun. Perhaps I pushed him and he pushed me--I made him work and as for my workout it was great.

Today I must organize my gear and pack up my bike. I'll try not to use any knives (who could forget my season opening pack job when I stabbed myself). Packing is a methodical process--making sure I have everything I need, that I'm not carrying on liquids and that I have emptied my bags entirely of all CO2 cartridges. Last year the support bike shop had about 20 cartridges of CO2 for all of the competitors--kind of made it a bit nerve wracking on the bike.

Tomorrow, an off day and a travel day for work.