Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Today's Workout: Quality

Up at 5 AM, a girl can get used to that. Abs then on the bike for 40 minutes of mostly zone 3 work with a cadence of 80-90. Then out the door for a 30 minute run. Sure, my foot hurt some but I was moving today in the cool air. What perfect running weather. My run included 4 x 2 minutes zone 4 followed by 3 minutes zone 2. Zone 2 is a joke, I can't get there but I loved the zone 4 effort. My legs were turning, my heart rate was soaring, it was a high quality run.

I had another ART treatment yesterday focusing on a ligament that connects the femur to the sacrum and my foot. We are leaving the sciatic alone for now. While my foot still bothers my, the sciatic pain was not there today. Slow, steady progress.

Tomorrow, back in the pool with the Masters.