Sunday, August 26, 2007

Today's Workout: Sweat anyone?

Up at 6:30 AM today and out on the road for a run by 7:30. The temperature was cooled by overnight thunderstorms but the humidity was still in high gear. To say I lost some LBs sweating may be an understatement.

My run felt pretty good. At first my right glute and hamstring would not allow full extension of my leg. Eventually it warmed up and improved but those muscles remained achy. My plantar fascitis definitely was talking to me but in amuch lower tone then what I'm used to. I feel as if the over rotation in my hip has improved and today I tried to watch my reflection in various windows as I was running. My leg seemed to be moving perpindicular vs waylayed to the left.

When I returned home I hopped on the trainer for an hour. I had to get in my Wednesday ride because I can't take my bike and trainer on the road. The entire hour was spent working on high cadence in zones 2-4. My heart rate was definitely amped and I was dripping like a faucet with sweat.

Tomorrow, normally a day off, will be spent in the pool. I'll get in my swim and then head off to the airport.