Sunday, August 19, 2007

Today's Workout: Spectating is tiring

Up at 3:30 AM today to head to Columbia MD for JB's Irongirl triathlon. I like spectating in the sense that there are no pre-race jitters for me. I hate spectating because it is exhausting looking at all of those people for the racer you are cheering on. JB did great. She was nervous about the swim but really just put her head down and got the job done. She enjoyed the bike and survived the run, a very impressive day on a difficult course. I'm told it is part of the Columbia Triathlon course which most avoid for weather and the hills.

Upon returning home I really wanted to go take a nap but I owed an hour on the bike. Twenty minutes of one legged drills and some high cadence work. Translation: sweating to my shuffle. My foot is killing me today but mostly from driving. I'm going to settle in with an ice bag and look forward to tomorrow's day off.