Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Today's Workout: Houston we have a solution

Up at 4:30 AM today. My plan was to sleep until 4:45, Buddy thought 3:30 sounded good so he proceeded to set the kitty alarm off--head butting, jumping over my head, laying his 15 pound body on my face, playing with my pencil on the night stand--annoying, good thing he is loveable.

Abs then on the bike for 45 minutes. A nice mix of speed and one legged drills--definitely elevating the heart rate. After the bike I hit the road for a 35 minute run, mainly speed work and on such a cool, beautiful morning it felt great. I had an ART treatment yesterday and he went deeper into the tissues of my foot. I hate to jinx myself but I think we have made progress. My run today was with duller pain, easily tolerable. With my good hip fixed, exercises to strengthen my hip and keep it in line, and deep tissue ART treatments I may be on the road to finally resolving my plantar fascitis. Stay tuned.

Tomorrow, back in the pool with the Masters.