Friday, August 17, 2007

Today's Workout: Where's the couch

Up at 5:45 AM today and on my bike by 7 for a 3 hour ride. I was testing my new aero fit so I opted for the flat W&OD where I knew I could maintain aero position. I think I finally have my fit dialed in to perfection. I'm tempted to tweak some more but today felt so good. I was working the high cadence and trying to remember not to mash on my standard gearing.

Once home I hit the road for a 30 minute run. It was rather steamy by then so this was a battle of quieting the quitter in my mind. That voice can be so loud when it complains. From there I ate a quick half-peanut butter sandwich and went to the pool. I had a 1 pm appointment for the car so I arrived at the Y by 11:30 wanting to get my entire workout in.

The swim workout today was ugly. 500 warm up, 500 drill, 1,500 straight and a cool down. Quick but long sets. I walked into the Y and saw all of the summer camp kids in the pool. They had the entire pool until noon which meant my swim workout would get nipped....and so it did. I only managed 1,900 meters before I had to jump out of the pool, shower and head to the dealer. I was 20 minutes late for my appointment but I just could not cut the swim any shorter. As it is, I am regretting the loss of 500 meters. There is a theory that you have 24 hours to finish your workout meaning if I could only get half of my swim in this afternoon that I have 24 hours to get the other half in for it to count toward a completed workout. On that basis, I hope to get in the pool tomorrow--third day in a row--and finish my unfinished business.

Tomorrow, a nearly two hour run (and it will be hot and sweaty) and I hope, hope, hope to get in the pool. Most importantly though, I have to help JB prepare for Irongirl.

PS I had my Active Release Treatment yesterday. Sure my buttocks is killing me but the foot is showing signs of improvement. Stay tuned, I think I'm on the road to a cure.