Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Today's Workout: Curses

Yesterday I had horrible travel karma. I was heading to Tahoe to run at elevation, maybe swim in Lake Tahoe, and oh yes, give a presentation for work. I connected through Chicago Midway and during my lay over received an email from a colleauge that the presentation which I thought was today was actually Thursday. Problem: I have a day's worth of clothes and several appointments and meetings Thursday and Friday--no can do.

400 phone calls later, I had our CA office handling the presentation and I had a ticket to return home. Basically I spent the entire day yesterday flying to Midway then transiting over to O'hare where I sat for 8 hours waiting to come home. Of course that plane was late. My day started at 8 AM yeseterday and ended at 1:45 AM today. Needless to say, no run or swim or fancy hotel. My butt is exhausted and I'll be doing my normal run tomorrow--wish I were in bed now.