Friday, June 01, 2007

Today's Workout: Stretchhhhhhhhh

Up at 4:45 AM today although apparently I forgot to tell Buddy. He thought we were getting up at 3:45 AM.

Abs then on the bike for an hour. I decided to stay indoors on the trainer mainly because I just didn't want to chase down my gear in the dark to take my workout outdoors. Also, I don't like to stop when I ride. Riding at Skyline has made it possible to continuously ride so now I am spoiled. I rode a high zone 2-low 3 and I threw in a set of one legged drills times 10 on each leg.

I did not ride to work today as I had planned. Instead, I used the time this morning to stretch and work on my sore spots. I do not spend enough time doing this and I realize that is a huge contributing factor to my many complaints. Today I took the time for what it is worth.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a trifecta: 4 hour ride, 40 minute run, 80 minute swim. My riding partner is going 80 miles on the bike and I am very tempted to go with her. I have until mile 31 of our ride tomorrow to decide. If I can keep up with her I think I will trail behind and move my swim to Sunday. If I can't, I'll follow the plan.