Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Today's Workout: Think like Nemo



In lieu of active recovery, I rolled out of bed at 4:40 AM, addressed the needs of the animal kingdom, hit my abs and then headed to the pool.

My goal: put my unpleasant swim from Sunday behind me and think like Nemo. I'm going to have to see Finding Nemo again but my coach says there is a point in the movie where Nemo says, "Keep swimming, keep swimming" and she asked me to think like Nemo when I am swimming.

I completed a 45 minute swim, total of 1900 meters. A walk in the park normally. It wasn't horrible but I didn't love it either. Also, my arm where I stabbed myself was definitely bothering me on the pull. I'm not sure if it was the chlorine or if my arm is just still sore but it was unpleasant. I wonder if it was really bugging me Sunday but I was too over-stimulated to pinpoint the source.

Tomorrow, back to the pool with the Master's team. Looking forward to it.