Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Still Resting

Another day of rest. I wish I could say that I slept in but the psycho dog started incessantly barking at 5:45 AM. So I fell out of bed and worked with my new triggerpoint therapy tools. This is yet another example of a simple idea I should have thought of that could have made me rich.

Remember your mother's rolling pin that she used to roll out pie crust? Same idea but add roller blade wheels. This uses the force of your own body weight against the "rolling pin" to address things like plantar fasciitis, iliotibial band syndrome, piriformis syndrome, hip problems among others--these of course are my problems and what I am most concerned with. It hurts, to be sure, but hopefully it gets me through 8 more weeks of training.

That's right, t-minus 60 days to Lake Placid. Yikes!

Tomorrow, even though I'm still on active recovery, I'm going to head to the pool. My left leg and hip are still sore and there is no better solution then to get in the pool. Hopefully it does two things: gets the lactic acid moving around and gives me a positive swimming experience for the mental side of the game.