Monday, May 28, 2007

Today's Workout: Sigh!

Sigh! No really, sigh! A swim day today and not a very long one. 2550 meters, that's no 2.4 miles trust me. Still, I can't get my head around swimming. I don't want to be in the water at all. My sets today were short and yet I struggled to complete each one. The only time I am happy is when I'm done. I have to push myself to finish.

There is no physical obstacle. True, my form could be better but swimming like Janet Evans between now and July is not going to happen. Swimming is completely mental for me and the voices of doubt shout when I am in the pool. I have to find a way to cope with this or else I will be crying on the shoreline of Mirror Lake.

In other news, my riding partner called me to ride today which I would have loved but instead I took my bike to the shop and with a minor adjustment I'm hoping my gears will stop shifting without me. Yes, no matter the cost of your bike, this is always a delicate balance to get the cables adjusted just right.

Tomorrow, a day of rest.