Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Today's Workout: The Elusive Cure

I was hoping for the miracle cure at the bike fitter's last night but alas there was no tweaking. It seems I have a functionality issue. While both of my legs are the same length, due to my left hip rotation my seat is perfect for my right leg but too short for my left leg. Ummmm, no wonder my left hip hurts so much. My bike fitter and chiro are going to put their heads together and science this all up to figure out next steps.

Meanwhile, up at 4 AM today and on the bike by 4:30 AM (I snuck in my abs last night to save time). 90 minutes on the bike--ok, the trainer is really boring so I watched a movie. 30 minutes zone 2, 30 minutes zone 3, and then we mixed in 4 one-minute zone 4s with 4 minutes high zone 2 recovery. Next, I laced them up and went out on a 45 minute run. Throw in some 6 by one minute zone 4 with 4 minutes recovery, a warm up and warm down and I'm done....or am I. Ok, I also rode into work on my 400 pound hybrid. Such a beautiful day how can you not enjoy it.

Tomorrow, back in the pool with the Masters.