Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Just a swim thing

Two miles in the pool today. The crowd from the other high school is gone now that their new pool opened. I miss them, or at least the guys with beer bellies that feared them and swam with me. Sadly I spent the last 30 minutes by my lonesome droning out the laps. Twas a wee bit boring.

More PT today. I'm thinking an itty-bitty run tomorrow and then riding to work. Come on, how is a girl going to run 26 miles when she hasn't laced them up in an eternity. I have to try the IT Band out at some point. Kind of stinks being old and losing all of that elasticity.

Meanwhile, getting organized for the race--nervous, excited. As I swam today I thought about the massive start. 2,500 people waiting to hear the cannon, then arms whipping, white water looking like massive seagulls in flight, the physical punishment in the first half-mile (I proudly remember my black eye from 2007). Bring it on.