Monday, July 13, 2009

T minus 13 days to LP

Good weekend of training and mercifully the steamy weather never materialized. 4 hours in the saddle Saturday working the hills followed by an hour swim. Sunday an hour in the saddle in the 'hood, never even hit any heart rate zones until I made the climb back home. I went to the gym and did 60 minutes on the stairmaster followed by 30 minutes on the elliptical all in place of my run. Thank goodness the Tour was on, I always learn a little piece of info helpful to my own riding through Versus's excellent commentary....and I enjoy converting the speed from kilometers to mph.

I am still listening to my Doctors but think I will try a little test run this Thursday--I will have given my knee 10 days off of running by then and lots of rehab, ice, rolling, biofreeze, anti-inflammatories or what I now refer to as the works. In the back of my head I have a chamber of doubt about running 26 miles after the layoff. I wish others who had layoffs before long runs would quit telling me how miserable their runs were. Lie for goodness sakes, I'll believe it.

Quiet week of training. I'll get in my last two mile swim this week which I confess I may miss. Well, not the process of doing it but the feeling of achievement when it's done. Feeling really strong other than the knee. A little good weather, a lot of good luck, and I could surprise myself on race day which is not a Kona slot but something much, much better--besting my 2007 performance.