Wednesday, July 08, 2009

The weigh in

I went to the gym today to get on the stairmaster. It has been a long time since I have been there, so long that I could not locate my card. Then I remembered, maybe the last time I was there it was jacket weather--aha, there is my card, in my jacket pocket.

After 40 minutes on the stairmaster, mercifully getting my heart rate up a little, I headed down to the scale. I have not weighed myself since I was last at the gym. In 2007 I dropped down to 130 pounds training for Ironman. I knew I was not there but I feel a little light. I was happy to see 138. 138-140 is ideal, strong enough and not dangerously light. I guess between a lighter training schedule and all of that incessant eating, I finally figured out how to maintain weight in an Ironman year.

Rode to work today. The IT band hurts a little, hopefully from my ART treatment. Trying to get back to my chiro and also connected to someone who uses kinesio taping. I believe in the miracles I am reading on the web.

Tomorrow, probably back in the pool.