Friday, July 03, 2009

She's not yelling at you

Best ride in quite a while. Rode with KR who I think had too much coffee this morning but I delighted in her yelling at me "get down", "stay aero on the hill". At one point she was yelling from behind as I was passing this woman. Startled, the women turned and nearly fell off her bike. I said, "Don't worry she's yelling at me, not you".

Great 64 miles on the bike which included 10 miles at a really high rate of speed when we received a call that one of our fellow riders had shredded her tire. That was actually quite fun and worth repeating.

My swim, another story. The kids are at the pool now and do not understand lap swimming. I felt like the bitch in lane 4. "Excuse me, I'm swimming laps". "Excuse me you cannot do your jumping jacks in my lane". "Excuse me if you want to swim in the lane with myself and the other swimmer you have to tell us so we can circle swim. Just jumping in is not an option". My swimming companion was non-plussed by the many disturbances but I found it to all be annoying. The body contact and the huge swells from swimming next to the diving well, however, may have been a good Ironman training session.

Tomorrow, an off day. Hoping the rest will help the knee.