Monday, July 06, 2009

The hip bones connected to the...

I'm now convinced my knee problem is IT Band--that's the ilio tibial band running from the hip past the knee. The good news is, I have had this before and I know rest, and IT Band strap and in sheer desperation a cortizone shot should see me through. For now, lots of ice, mashing with my foam roller, anti-inflammatories and the power of positive thought is key.

I tried to run yesterday but only made it 30 minutes before I could not go on. I spent two hours on the elliptical--mind numbing to say the least. Although I loathe television I did get to watch the Men's Wimbledon final which proved to be one of the best games of tennis I have ever seen.

I was going to get up and swim today but the animal kingdom, actually Buddy, got me up at 3 and I could not fall back to sleep. I decided instead to ride into work. It's not often that we get humid-free days in DC. One problem I have yet to overcome on my bike commute--my food weighs entirely too much. I have thought of pulling off and lightening my load via a roadside picnic but by noon I would be a mess.