Sunday, August 03, 2008

She Rox Triathlon


I'm in support today for JB who is competing in this all women's sprint triathlon. I noticed something today. When JB gets nervous she asks a lot of questions, conversely when I get nervous I get quiet. It may have taken me 15 years to make this observation.

Thankfully, we are older than the average gal so JB was the 4th heat of what seemed like 15. It was a beautiful day, 75 degrees, not a cloud in the sky and no humidity. The Schuykill River was 84 degrees. Some women did wear a wet suit but I am certain they were way overheated. The bike and run took place in Fairmount Park. For those who have never been, it is akin to Central Park in NY. A beautiful, enormous greenspace in downtown Philly. The bike was a two looper which set me up to take some pictures presuming I were any good at it which I'm not. Ah well, at least I positioned myself to cheer her in. JB finished in under 2 hours, her goal time. Pretty good day on the whole.

When we got home I rushed off to the pool for my hour swim. 2,750 meters of mostly endurance work. I'll turn that around in 12 hours and be back in the pool in the am. Oh the dread.