Friday, August 01, 2008

What a ride

I'm just going to say, riding in Friday traffic vs Saturday traffic is a bit frightening. I road up at Quantico today by myself soo I was lonely and fighting the draft of big trucks and buses. Not preferable but I did have a spectacular, non-stop 50 mile ride. Lots of gunfire in the background today and some large wild turkeys who oddly were running beside me on the road. My plane did not arrive until 3 am today and I was clipped into my pedals by 10--it is possible part of my ride was hallucinatory. For what it is worth, I think the wild turkeys were real.

I had a sports massage today as well. Pretty good body work that hurt so good. It was a bit overdue as I typically try for once a month.

Tomorrow, prior to heading up to Philly for the She Rox triathlon (in support only) I need another brick.