Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A long, fast run

In addition to my work travel, JB has a race this weekend. So I had to move my long bike and long run around to accomodate traveling to Philly for the She Rox triathlon.

I asked the locals in St. Paul where I should run and two people recommended Robbie Island. Typically, I avoid mid-day runs but I put on my shoes and headed out of my hotel at 4 pm. The plan called for an hour and 20 minute run for my long run this week. As it turns out, Robbie Island is this very long bike and run trail. It's a bit quiet and isolated for my taste so I was not 100% comfortable from a personal safety standpoint but that caused me to run a lot faster then I normally would--a good payoff. There were not many others on the trail but I did pass two women which made me feel a little better. By the time I returned to my hotel I was spent. I downed two bottles of G2 and then enjoyed a very fulfilling and well earned Kurdish meal.

Tomorrow, not sure. Maybe a day off, maybe a swim if I don't think the sleep would be a better option.