Sunday, July 27, 2008

I remember when...

Not that long ago, my long run was my favorite day of the week. It was the least taxing of all my workouts and the dessert in my training program. Now I approach it with trepidation unsure of how miserable I may be.

The start to today's run was not very comfortable but I forced myself to extend the throw of my leg and increase my speed. Eventually everything hurt, no one thing more than another. I headed to Old Town Alexandria today and then ran along the river. It was a touch humid and I knew the river breeze would be refreshing. I think I lost about 10 pounds in water wait after 75 minutes of running. Unfortunately I have no idea of distance or speed as my Garmin seems to have decided to retire.

Tomorrow, in the pool and then I have to figure out how to accomplish my training goals with a lot of upcoming work travel.