Thursday, July 24, 2008

No rest for the wicked

A reverse brick this morning. After the core work I headed out for a 30 minute tempo run. I had an adjustment done Saturday in Lake Placid by of all people the guy who designed and manufactured my bike. He dabbles in PT. I went to see him to see if there was a bike adjustment that I needed to combat my year long problem with my piriformis and sciatica. He observed that my right leg is not as long as my left leg and that I was not engaging my glutes as much as I should. His remedy: a chiropractic adjustment and a new riding position. I'm desperate so I have done both. As it turns out my run was one of the least painful that I have had in a year. Am I completely cured--no, but am I better, yes. Wahoo!!

After the run, I took my bike out on to the hills in the hood to practice for the king of the hill competition. Unlike in weeks past, I had little gas. Usually I can ride repeats on the hills for a full hour, today I made it 30 minutes before having to call it quits. I am not sure what the issue was but I deferred to my body.

I capped the day with a swim, my third of the week. Finally, I have banked three swims. It was cold but uneventful.

Tomorrow, a day of rest.