Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A triathlon workout

Up at 4:30 AM today. Core work then on the bike for an hour. Working my zones, working with high cadence and of course, those beloved one legged drills.

It's a brick day so off the bike I headed out for a 30 minute run. No zone 4 portions today and I for one am thankful. Strictly zones 2 and 3, it's like a vacation.

As a result of work travel, I needed to get in another swim. After work, I headed to the pool for a 45 minute swim. The masters coach was there and he decided to talk to me about my "weak kick". Uh, no kidding. I listened to what he had to say as I fully admit that I can't even say that I have a kick. I still don't get it but I have vowed that at the end of this season I will figure it out. He said I will never get faster with my pull, what I need is to get the rear motor going. That speaks to me from a competetive sense.

Tomorrow, I'm on a 6:30 AM plane so I will be doing my long run in the afternoon heat of St. Paul, MN.