Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Your company is no longer desired

Be careful what you ask for. I told my coach I wanted to work on getting my running speed back. For the last month, all I see are zone 4 intervals. When it is all said and done I am fine with them, but leading up to lacing up my shoes I am just cursing myself for inviting the speed work.

Up at 4:40 AM today. Core work, with Della and Buddy's help this morning then on to the trainer for 45 minutes. The plan called for an hour but I wanted to ride to work so I decided not to overdue it. The bike had some one legged drills and some standing drills where my heart rate ratcheted up. Off the bike I did my 30 minute interval run. Let's just say I watered the road with sweat.

I rode into work today. The trails are getting a little overcrowded for my liking but still, how peaceful is it to catch a breeze next to the river in the early morning sun. Love it.

Tomorrow, back to the pool.