Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Y Tour


Still in SF, not sure what time zone I am in. I awoke at 4 and stayed in bed until 4:30. From there, after my ab routine, I ran down to the Y. It was not a far run, perhaps 10 blocks, but did it ever hurt. I guess I am a little sore from yesterday's run and admittedly lame stretching routine.


I have used the SF YMCA in the past, one of the many I have visited. The SF Y is right on the water. A more beautiful view from a treadmill you will not find. I was not there for the treadmill but instead I was there to lift weights and that I did. I stopped by the pool and watched folks swim. I suppose that is a saner option for swimming in SF then donning your wetsuit and hitting the bay....still, the bay she does call me.


After a redeye flight tonight (yes, I will hate myself in the morning) I hope to swim and get on my bike. Meanwhile I include a view of the beginning of sunrise over Golden Gate Bridge with my fellow crazy swimmers swimming in the bay. It's a bit blurry because I was not operating with much light.