Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My love hate relationship with travel


I hate work travel. It exhausts me but I try to make the most of it. I look for good restaurants and I always take a run to enjoy and experience where I am.


San Francisco is a place I find myself often. When I can run and am not hobbled by a bad foot or sciatica, I run from Pier 2 (the base of a bridge) to Golden Gate Bridge and back. It is along the water and most beautiful (if not for the effervescence of fish and seal poop). Sometimes, I stop at Maritime Park and watch fellow triathletes and Master swimmers swim in the channel--vowing each time that I will join them another day.


Today I could not run my bridge to bridge run but I did get out for 40 minutes along the piers in the most beautiful of weather. Another day of travel saved by the sanity of a run.