Saturday, March 15, 2008

Alas, back outdoors

My riding partner and I had intended to rip off 60 miles on our bikes today, we ended with 37. They were 37 quality miles of hills and high cadence--finally that work on the trainer is paying off. I did not have my normal hill legs today, or lung conditioning for that matter, but the ride was far from miserable. It was so beautiful outside and I appreciated every stroke of the pedal. I tapped the brakes once, when I was on a descent with a car right next to me other than that I was hanging on and trying to enjoy the invigorating and frightening speed.

We definitely would have tried for more miles but on the way there a huge traffic jam ensued. It may have been best, our workout today was absolutely perfect.

Tomorrow, I hope to swim and get on the bike for an hour--again trying to put some time in the bank for next week.