Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The beloved brick

Up at 4:40 AM. Abs, pushups then out the door for a 25 minute run. I wish I could tell you the distance but my GPS is increasingly unreliable. Totally frustrating as I am trying to absorb data.

The run was great in the sense that I enjoyed being outside. My foot was talking to me, definitely sassing the effort. When I returned to the house I threw on my bike shorts and hit the trainer for an hour of good quality work--one legged drills and a bit of zone 3 and 4 efforts. I earned my breakfast.

Trying to break old habits, I spent 5-10 minutes stretching after the bike. I am using a lot of my yoga moves to work my calfs, arches and hips. Whereas I have always been one to shave time on stretching I am working to enjoy it. To that end, Buddy has been helpful. He is constantly rubbing up against any part of my body he can connect with and does not seem to be dissuaded by my singing. Now that is a good cat.

Tomorrow, probably back to the pool.