Sunday, March 09, 2008

Amish country

We lost electricity yesterday at 4 pm. Why this couldn't have happened during my 5.5 hour spinerval I have no idea. The temperature in the house was 52 degrees when I got up and 34 degrees outside. Initially the power company said we would be back on by 1 pm, that later changed to 6:30 pm.

I did go out for a run, my longest to date. I ran for 40 minute. To be completely honest, it was not a great run. The arch of my good foot started screaming as I descended King St. I have no idea why. From therein, both of my feet were less than comfortable and I was fighting off the voice in my head that says I will never run again.

Having returned to our still cold house, I opted not to go for a swim but to instead take my chilled body and plant it in front of the fireplace for the remainder of the day. I moved only when I had to.

Tomorrow, I have not decided whether to hit the pool or run and bike. I shall prepare for both and be moved on whim in the morning.