Sunday, September 02, 2007

Today's Workout: Torture, torture

Out at 8 AM today for my run. What a beautiful day, no humidity, nice temperatures, kind of quiet.

My run was two hours today and it felt more like four. Mentally I tortured myself because I didn't really want to be out there. My right leg felt like I was just heaving it forward with the rest of my body for the first 15 minutes. I could not get full extension due to my sciatic problem and my foot hurt. Eventually things improved but then my calf/knee started hurting. I tried to pretend that my gu had some analgesic compound to help with the pain that was compounded by my mental attitude. I finished the run and although I think I eventually was moving well I was miserable which is shameful on such a beautiful running day. Subsequent to my run the sciatic nerve is unhappy, thus I am unhappy. If I had a pool of ice I would be in it even though it would only serve to dull my discomfort.

Tomorrow, I will do my Tuesday swim so I can sleep in on Tuesday.