Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Today's Workout: Sweating

Up at 4:30 AM (looking forward to my nap on the plane later). Abs then on the bike trainer for an hour.

This falls in the category of you asked for it, you got it. I told my coach I wanted to work on speed in anticipation of getting close to the 6 hour mark on the half-Ironman. Today's focus, one legged drills and some long zone 3 cadence of 90 RPM sets. I love that I can tell when I dip below 90 without even looking at my computer.

Off the bike for a 30 minute run to include 4 times 4 minutes zone 3 with 1 minute zone 2. The real difficulty was moving through this thick, hot air. I had no difficulty getting to zone 3 but zone 2--I think I could have sat on someone's lawn in this heat and still registered a high 2.

On a plane to NM shortly. Looking for a swimming hole in Albuquerque for my swim tomorrow. Well, perhaps the local Y will do.