Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Today's Workout: Just keep swimming

Up at 4:15 AM today. I awoke at 3 and then just tried to lie still while my mind raced--hate that.

Abs then off to the pool. Not a horrible workout today but long and tiring. 3,150 meters but only one 500 meter set today. Working on bilateral breathing and rotation. Sometimes I feel like it is perfect, other times I feel like I look like I'm drowning. Always a challenge.

I also went for ART (Active Release Treatment) today. This is basically finding the source of a problem and stretching the connective tissue. It is painful, I had tears but I think it is a first step toward progress. My plantar fascitis continues to be bothersome, very bothersome. After working with my doctor today it seems that my problem oddly is in my right hip which is so tight that it is not rotating properly thus causing me to have poor running form. Recall that my bad hip is actually my left one. Interesting, very interesting.

Tomorrow, a bike and run.