Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Today's Workout: Speed comes at a cost

Up at 4:12 AM today, three ticks before the alarm. The animals have adjusted back to the early rise.

Abs then on the bike for an hour. It's a day of high cadence--90 to 126 RPMs. You can't get faster without paying for it and today cost plenty. I finished with 10 minutes of speed work. Not sure I have sweat that much or had my heart rate in a sustained zone 4 in quite some time. Thankfully my run was a 45 minute tempo run. Ironically, I had trouble piercing through zone 3 on the run. Trust that I loved a no humidity morning but sometimes that humidity helps make the workout a little harder. With that missing today I actually had to move my legs to get the heart to respond.

Interestingly, my foot did not hurt when I transitioned from bike to run. This is a first since perhaps early spring. It did begin hurting later on in my run at about the same time that I noted my hip was over rotating causing my leg to turn in--just like the video showed from my ART appointment yesterday. Aha, we have a cause and effect connection me thinks. I'll report this back to the doctor tomorrow when I go in for more torture--I mean treatment.

Tomorrow, swimming with the Masters.