Thursday, August 09, 2007

Today's Workout: Cut Short

I found the local YMCA in Albuquerque and made my way over at about 6:30 AM for a swim. Their pool is outside and in the cool morning air my entry was not quick.

Painful workout today. In addition to the usual warmup, drills, and kicking the final set was 30 x 50 designed to work on speed. Not quite the way you want to swim 1500 meters. Trust that I was sucking air. Nonetheless, while battling the complaining voices in my head I was tapped on the shoulder by the life guard. The pool is only open from 6-7 and they generously stayed open until 7:30 for me. This cut my swim workout short by 850 meters. I'm glad my set of 30 x 50 was interrupted (sorry coach, being truthful here) but shorting myself by that much hurts psycologically if nothing else. I may try to slip over there tomorrow morning to finish off my swim before my flight home.

Tomorrow, an hour on the bike. Maybe I'll get my zipps out but more then likely with my travel I will be on the trainer late in the evening.