Saturday, August 11, 2007

Today's Workout: Tri-Saturday

What a day. First time out on the new zipp wheels and I had a 2.5 hour ride. The road was littered with tree debris from a recent storm. I quickly learned that while my new wheels are incredibly fast they really don't tolerate debris well. I had one near miss on what I think was an acorn. It shook my front wheel and made me more alert than a triple latte. The downhills on the zipp wheels are really fast. I did not look at my computer but I think I hit a new high speed today and it was frightening.

After the bike I put my running shoes on for a mercifully short run, thanks Shandra. 15 minutes. Done.

When I returned home, I downed a protein shake and then headed to the pool for the final piece of trifecta Saturday. I was not looking forward to this workout. 3,000 meters which included 5 x 500 meter sets. Mama, that stunk. The best part was when I was done but I was spent. It's hard to believe I did all of that training for Lake Placid, right now my half-Ironman training is kicking my butt.

Tomorrow, a long run.