Saturday, July 07, 2007

Today's Workout: The Happy Birthday Run and Swim

Up at 5:40 AM today and out the door for an early, long run. The last long and lonely run left in my plan.

I remembered the salt tablets today so my run was better than last week but I definitely was feeling the peaks and valleys that I will feel in Lake Placid. There are just portions of your run that you know you will feel awful and you have to push through them to get to the feel good stages--the latter will come but you will have your doubts. Something went a bit awry with my nutrition plan today. I felt great at 2 hours and really crappy 15 minutes later. I was really thirsty but felt like I was a bit water logged. I'll figure it out but trust me the 26 mile run in LP will be loooooooong.

My swim was 45 minutes and I decided to add two laps to make it 45 laps for my 45th birthday on 07.07.07. I should play the numbers today. The swim felt great after my run but that doesn't mean I ran to the pool. I was dreading it but swimming is so kind to a sore body. Loved it.

Now off to get a massage and have my masseuse put a little emphasis on my complaining foot. Then a little Thai food and a brownie and my b-day wishes are sated.