Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Today's Workout: Who stole my head

The alarm went off at 4 AM today but I was awoken earlier at 1 am with an extremely congested head. Somebody, I'm not pointing fingers, infected me with a cold. Irritating. I popped some benadryl and stayed in bed when the alarm went off figuring it was better to get sleep and readjust my schedule then to short myself on what I'm hoping will help fend off this cold.

Nonetheless, I did get up at 5 AM and modified my workout. Abs, a 45 minute run, and then I converted my 90 minute ride to riding to work. Each way is 45 minutes and while I could not spin as fast as I may have intended to as part of my plan, I was in a hurry to get to work and left work late resulting in two fairly fast trips to and from.

Lots of zicam and emergen-C today, hoping beyond hope it has an impact. Meanwhile, back in the pool tomorrow. I'm a believer that swimming does help you move through a cold.